Monday, February 9, 2015

Cheesecake Strawberries

As I browse around Pinterest I come across some great looking recipes! This one I first made for a friend's bridal shower & they went like hot cakes. These strawberries take some time and I've seen different versions of them, but this one came from The Sweets Life (http://www.thesweetslife.com/2011/08/cheesecake-stuffed-strawberries.html?m=1). You can make these ahead and refrigerate to save yourself some time. I didn't add the graham cracker this time because I have a friend that is gluten free and wanted her to be able to taste all the yummyness. <--I make up my own words. :) You can also make the stuffing as a fruit dip too. It's great with all sorts of fruits other than strawberries: pineapple, grapes, blueberries, blackberries, etc.

Ingredients:

1-2 lbs strawberries, hulled
8 oz cream cheese, softened
3 tbsp powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Graham cracker crumbs

Directions:

Rinse off the strawberries and cut the top off in a circle. By doing this you'll be able to get the inside to hollow them out. You'll also want to cut the bottom off to make them stand. I've also seen on Pinterest where people have cut the tops and cut X's in the bottom to fill the strawberries to make them stand. Strawberries can be expensive, so cutting the X's in the bottom may be more cost effective. After prepping all the strawberries you'll want to make your filling. {You can make the filling first, the softer the cream cheese, the easier it is to fill.}

In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until well blended and smooth. I don't spend the money on piping/pastry bags, I just a sandwich size ziplock bag & cut a corner off. Fill up the strawberries and dip them into the graham cracker crumbs.

There you have a great, yummy, semi-healthy dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment